1. Why is gradual progression essential in training programmes?
- Different skills can be overlearned
- It allows time for recovery
- Intensity increases appropriately
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the two ways in which the principle of specificity can be applied to training?
- To the experience, to the fitness
- To the individual, and to the activity
- To the age, to the personality
3. What does moderation refer to?
- Training should combine burn out exercises with very easy exercises
- Too much training can cause injury or fatigue, while too little achieves less.
- The performer needs to be consistently overloaded with regular rest breaks.
4. What are the four aspects of the overload principle?
- Frequency, pressure, timing, progress
- Frequency, intensity, time, type
- Adjust, increase, record, measure
5. Why should there be variance within training?
- To maintain motivation, provide fresh experiences and avoid overuse injuries
- So the performer learns new movements and is used to completing open skills