This policy applies to all users, members, subscribers, customers and person who visits and use the TSRG site (“you”).
Generally you can visit the TSRG site without providing personally identifiable information about you. We collect personally identifiable information from visitors to this website through:
- a) the registration form when you create an account;
- b) in surveys if you choose to take part in them;
- c) when you email us with an enquiry;
- d) when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the TSRG site;
Use of personal information
We process personal information collected via this website for the purposes of:
- a) providing and personalising our services;
- b) dealing with your enquiries and requests;
- c) administering orders and accounts relating to our suppliers or customers;
- d) administering membership records;
- e) providing information about products and services; and
- f) conducting market research.
Data Capture Information
We will send you information according to the preferences you submitted via our registration form, email preferences page and information we think will be useful to you. If you would like to change these preferences at any point, please visit your email preferences page in the My Accounts section.
From time to time we would like to send you emails from carefully selected third parties that offer products or services that we think may be of interest to you. We will only do this if you have opted-in to receive such emails when you complete the registration form, or have since opted-in through your preferences.
We may use your IP address to help diagnose any problems with our serves or to administer the TSRG site. Your IP address may be used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information to help us understand our users requirements.
TSRG is intended for general use and does not knowingly collect personal data from children. We take specific steps to protect the privacy of children by not allowing minors to sign up to the site unless parental or legal guardian consent is provided. Parents and legal guardians are responsible for the activities of their children online.
Your information may also be used to send you details of those products or services that we offer that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you. This will be in accordance with the preferences that you indicated when you completed our registration form.
If at any point you would like to opt-out of receiving communications from us, or would like to change the channels (such as email or post) that we use to contact you, please go to your email preferences page.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may also share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- a) business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- b) advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- c) analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- d) data when obliged to disclose such data by law, or the disclosure is ‘necessary’ for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigation;
- e) when you elect to submit work on TSRG site to gain access to the database, such work will also be submitted along with your name to plagiarism detection software;
- f) or we have your consent,
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the TSRG site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. This means for instance that data you pass to us may be transferred to and processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, amongst other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure tha your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. By communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your rights to access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If any of the information we hold about you is incorrect, please let us know and we will review it. We may also update the information we hold if we believe that it is incorrect.
TSRG has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information within its control. We strongly recommend that all users should take steps to keep their log in information secure and cannot be held responsible for any failure to do so. If you suspect that the security of your log in information has been breached, please take steps to change both your password and email address under the options available in My Account.