- South africas inequalities go back to the apartheid which legally affected every aspect of life.
- The Afrikaners believed that they were racially superior to the indigenous Africans, and that racial purity was essential.
- The British and the Afrikaners both took over native land, created separate reserves and homelands, and brought indians (known as 'coloureds') to build a rail network there.
- There was conflict between the British and the Afrikaners. The white minority continued to rule S.Africa and deny rights to the black majority.
- Segregation was introduced to the mines in 1911 which banned black africans from skilled jobs there.
- In 1913, black…