The Murray Darling Basin (MDB)- Australia
- The australian government announced a national plan for water insecurity (the plan) in Jnauary 2007, which focused on the Murray darling basin.
- National managemnet for australian's water was needed for several reasons such as;
- The fact that Australia is an arid country- rainfall is season, unreliable, undisributed, and amounts are declining.
- Australians are the greatest per capita consumers in the world. Also, the population is growing in the South and East which puts pressure on supplies.
- The MDB is under threat from increasing and competing demands.
- Seasonal and local variability mean that some areas experience surpluses and others deficits.
- These difficulties arise because the basin is so large and many different natural environments use it, for example;
- Queenland is sub-tropical with rainforests.
- The New South wales eastern ranges are cool and humid.
- Victoria is more temperate.
- The Eastern edges of S.Australia are…