- Created by: rossbrooks123
- Created on: 17-05-16 17:56
Patterns of work
Business studies revision
There are various types of contract employments.
- Part time
- Full time
Employment can either be full or part time.
- When someone works full time they will usually work between 35-40 hours a week.
- Part time staff on the other hand work less, around 10-30.
- Some people choose to work full time for financial situations or prefer to. Some people may work part time to spend more time with their families or because they have other interests.
- There are both pros and cons for a business when they employ someone part or full time. For example if a business employs someone full time then the employee may be able to do more work and get more tasks done. However if the business has too much staff then they will still be required to work. A part time worker is good because it can save the business money if they are not needed. However it can be a disadvantage because if the business is short staffed the part time worker may not be available.