- Created by: rossbrooks123
- Created on: 17-05-16 18:49
The employment law is something that employers have to obide by.
Contracts of employment and the minimum wage.
- All staff should have a copy of the businesses diciplinery procedures. This procedure would inform staff what actions/behaviour would lead to a warning, and then a dismissal.
- The government sets a national minimum wage, depending on peoples age. This means that the business can not cut wages under the minimum wage.
Anti discrimination law:
- This prevents employers from discriminating candidates and employees.
- Discrimating can include one of the following: Gender, ethnicity, disabillities, age, sexual orientation and religion.
- For example an employer must make adaptations to the business work space if they employ someone disabled. If it has more than one floor they will have to install a lift and adapt the toilets. Also women must be paid the same as men if they're doing the same job.
- Employees are protected…