1. What was the environmental benefit to building the stadium on a brownfield site?
- It reduced visual pollution by demolishing old factories
- Green belt land was preserved
- People did not have to drive as far, so there was less air pollution
- Materials from the old buildings were recycled.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the role of the International Olympic Committee?
- To monitor drug taking by athletes
- To decide who will host the Games
- To provide financial assistance to athletes who want to host the Games
- To provide funding for a country to host the Olympics
3. How many tourists did London recieve during the Games?
- 2 million
- 1 million
- 0.5 million
- 0.25 million
4. How many leisure sites for local people were demolished?
5. Who was the mayor of London in 2012?
- Vladimir Putin
- Ken Livingstone
- Gordon Brown
- Boris Johnson