1. During the Freedom Summer of 1964, 17,000 black people tried to register to vote but only ... were successful.
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. The morning after setting off, the group heard a nearby black church, chosen as a Freedom School, had been burned down. Schwerner, Chaney and ... went to investigate and were arrested.
- Andrew Goodman
- Arron Goodman
- Andrew Goodsmith
- Albert Reynolds
3. During the Freedom Summer of 1964, how many arrests were made?
4. The ... released them in the middle of the night, knowing a mob was waiting
- deputy sheriff
5. What was a positive outcome of the Freedom Summer of 1964?
- It gave people a more positive attitude about voting and removed previous fears.
- It helped to focus attention on black voting rights.
- It got the Voting Rights bill passed through congress in 1964.