1. What was a positive outcome of the Freedom Summer of 1964?
- It helped to focus attention on black voting rights.
- It got the Voting Rights bill passed through congress in 1964.
- It gave people a more positive attitude about voting and removed previous fears.
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. CORE workers Michael Schwerner and James Chaney drove a group to where?
3. During the Freedom Summer of 1964, how many arrests were made?
4. Schwerner, Chaney and Goodman had been shot in the head. Many of Chaney's bones were shattered, showing he had been beaten up before being shot. Why was this the case?
- Chaney threatened the mob.
- Chaney was black.
- Chaney told the mob what he thought of them,
- Chaney tried to escape.
5. During the Freedom Summer of 1964, how many black homes, businesses and churches were bombed?
- More than 80
- More than 60
- More than 20
- More than 100