1. During the Freedom Summer of 1964, how many beatings took place?
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many student volunteers were chosen to take part in the Freedom Summer of 1964?
3. During the Freedom Summer of 1964, 17,000 black people tried to register to vote but only ... were successful.
4. Who chose the volunteers?
- Martin Luther King
- SNCC and CORE
- SCLC and MIA
5. Why were mostly white, northern students from good families chosen?
- Because they would get more media coverage because of their class and colour.
- Because they raise less hatred because of their skin colour.
- Because they could be trusted not to be violent.