The Birmingham Church Bombing
- In September 1963, 4 black children were killed when a church was bombed.
-Impact of Bombings:
- Many black people felt betrayed and powerless. It was as if th struggles of the last 10 years had been pointless.
- Martin Luther King's speech seemed a distant memory.
- Still no justice for black people. Even the head of the FBI demanded that the case against the bombers should be dropped.
- Many black people no longer believed in Martin Luther King's message of peace and patience.
-Martin Luther King
- In his speech he blamed members of…
Similar History resources: