1. Who found that individuals were ridiculed by peers if they played with opposite gender things
- Archer & Lloyd
- James et al
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. In Fagot et al's study Fathers discourage female behaviour in boys, but how do children understand what type of behaviour is their gender?
- Will Imitate that behaviour if it's shown by someone of their gender even if it's wrong
- Will only imitate that behaviour if the peer is praised as is of their own gender
- Will imitate that behaviour if it's being praised
3. What do Weber and Weber find about education when it comes to peer influence?
- Girls do better in education, but boys are better in careers
- Girls will always carry on in education, whereas boys will look for approval
- Boys will always carry on with education, Whereas girls look for approval
4. Are parents still the main influence on adolescence?
- No - Peers are
- Yes - Main caregiver
5. How do peers reinforce gender stereotypes?
- Friends tell you what is gender appropriate behaviour
- Reward each other for gender appropriate behaviour
- First friends tend to be of the same gender