1. Are parents still the main influence on adolescence?
- No - Peers are
- Yes - Main caregiver
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who looked at parental labelling as a social influence to gender?
- Davies - Girls Nurturing, Boys Protective
- Rubin et al - Girls Beautiful, Boys Strong
- Rubin - Girls Pretty, Boys Strong
3. Who found that individuals were ridiculed by peers if they played with opposite gender things
- James et al
- Archer & Lloyd
4. In Fagot et al's study Fathers discourage female behaviour in boys, but how do children understand what type of behaviour is their gender?
- Will Imitate that behaviour if it's shown by someone of their gender even if it's wrong
- Will only imitate that behaviour if the peer is praised as is of their own gender
- Will imitate that behaviour if it's being praised
5. What did Pomperlau et al look at and how does it reinforce gender stereotyping?
- Colour of bedrooms - Girls Pink, Boys Blue
- Colour of clothes worn - Girls Pink, Boys Blue
- Toys played with - Girls Kitchens, Boys Cars