1. In Fagot et al's study Fathers discourage female behaviour in boys, but how do children understand what type of behaviour is their gender?
- Will only imitate that behaviour if the peer is praised as is of their own gender
- Will imitate that behaviour if it's being praised
- Will Imitate that behaviour if it's shown by someone of their gender even if it's wrong
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do Weber and Weber find about education when it comes to peer influence?
- Girls will always carry on in education, whereas boys will look for approval
- Boys will always carry on with education, Whereas girls look for approval
- Girls do better in education, but boys are better in careers
3. What did Pomperlau et al look at and how does it reinforce gender stereotyping?
- Toys played with - Girls Kitchens, Boys Cars
- Colour of bedrooms - Girls Pink, Boys Blue
- Colour of clothes worn - Girls Pink, Boys Blue
4. Who looked at parental labelling as a social influence to gender?
- Davies - Girls Nurturing, Boys Protective
- Rubin et al - Girls Beautiful, Boys Strong
- Rubin - Girls Pretty, Boys Strong
5. Academics are more important to which gender?