Decades of devastation
What is it about?
The consequences global warmingis havingon the Alps and how dangerous these consequences are.
Fact + opinion
- Professors and scientists' views and quotes from man involved are used to create a sense of believability
- Quotes very long - they have a lot to say
- Technical + scientifical language- some readers may not understand, so they think its true
- Lexis of war - losing battle
1 of 2
Decades of devastation (2)
- Powerful/emotive words
- 'falling apart under their feet'
- 'I have never seen'
- 'remarkable enough incident on its own'
- survival story-'The pair survived by cowering under an overhang as a rain of boulders...'
- 'crown jewel'extremely precious
- 'hanging like a cargo of fragile china dolls'-literally ends on a cliffhanger, precarious
Effectiveness of headlines, images and layout
- 'Decades of devastation'
- alliteration-memorable, dramati
- sibilance shows how long it is for
- 'as global warming melts the Alps' future + present tense combined - happenig now and will continue to happen
2 of 2