Global warming happens
What is it about ?
The different views on the importance of paying attention to global warming.
Fact + opinion
- quotes used to sum up the different perspectives
- 3 part lists- emphasise how the global warming is being exaggerated, used at the end of paragraph to summarise the view
- '"catastrophe","disaster" or "cataclysm"'
- '"crisis","terrifying" or "Armageddon"'
1 of 2
Global warming happens (2)
Effectiveness of headline, images and layout
- 'Is it 'catastrophic'?' rhetorical question- encourages reader to think about it
- dynamic- shows the reader global warming really is happening, there is nothing we can do to stop it
- Water already surrounds the ice so some of it has already melted
- Has a different paragraph for each different perspective
2 of 2