- A Doll's House Christmas Tree Metaphors
Beginning Act 1 on Christmas Eve.
- Nora still believes her marriage to be happy.
N ordering for tree hidden until
she has decorated it.
- Symbolically, alerts us - there are hidden aspects to life in this household
Carefully created appearance is
- Nora is the keeper of appearances.
- In Norway - Christmas an important family celebration
- Focus of the festivities & opening presents on Christmas Eve.
- Act 2 -Significantly N trying to coax T
keeping K in his job
- She draws T attention to how pretty the flowers on the tree look.
By Christmas Day
- Tree stripped of its ornaments
- Its candles have burnt out
- End Act 2
- Torvald refused keep Krogstad in his job
- Nora feels sure Krogstad reveal secret
- Carefully maintained appearance happy marriage disintegrating under the encroachment of truth.
- Beginning Act 1 on Christmas Eve.