1. What delayed Mao's decision to travel south after the Huaihai campaign?
- He wanted to access the success of his campaign
- He wanted to give time for his forces to regroup
- He wanted to capture Beijing despite no military importance
- He wanted to give Chiang a head start
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many civilians died during the war (including famine and disease)?
- 6 million
- 8 million
- 12 million
- 10 million
3. When does the civil war begin?
- May 1946
- August 1946
- June 1946
- July 1946
4. How did the Nationalists become weakened from within?
- Many top ranking commanders became moles for the communists
- All of the above
- Increased Desertion
- Constant failures damaged morale of infantry
5. Which event/campaign occured last?
- Pingjin campaign
- Huaihai campaign
- Strong point offensive
- Struggle for Manchuria