1. What delayed Mao's decision to travel south after the Huaihai campaign?
- He wanted to capture Beijing despite no military importance
- He wanted to give time for his forces to regroup
- He wanted to give Chiang a head start
- He wanted to access the success of his campaign
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What Nationalist 'victory' improved morale momentarily?
- Beijing captured
- Yanan captured
- Manchuria captured
- Shanghai captured
3. What did the communists do to weaken the Nationalist's superior air power?
- Destroyed the airstrips
- Torture key pilots into providing the Communists with essential intelligence
- Received anti-air guns from USSR
- Mao authorized communist pilots to repair and use damaged Nationalist planes
4. How many Nationalist troops were there at the beginning of the civil war?
- 15 million
- 5 million
- 10 million
- 7.5 million
5. How many troops did Chiang send to defend the vital railway link at Jinzhou at the start of the Liaoshen campaign?
- nearly 250,000
- 250,000 exactly
- over 250,000