1. What is verticle integration?
- Companies trying to control all aspects of their company
- Buying into new products
- Merging with a new company
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is horizontal integration?
- companies showing interest in other forms of media
- Expanding the company
- Gradually increasing in profits
3. What was the pattern of publishing for newspapers in 2002
- 5 publishers
- 10 publishers
- 3 publishers controlled 2/3 of newspaper
- 15 publishers
4. What is Currans view of the concentration of ownership in newspapers?
- It's a positive thing
- It's not a new phenomenon to have so little owners
- It's a negative thing
5. Why does it appear that on the surface the number of media outlets has dramatically increased?
- All of the other options
- Because the number of owners has increased
- 30 years ago only 4 television channels existed. Now there is hundreds of channels available from digital telivision producers such as Sky or Virgin
- The prospects of new technology has brought about more channels to choose from