1. Which of these is NOT in the 7 corporations that Bagdikian identifies?
- News Corp
- Time Warner
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the pattern of publishing for newspapers in 2002
- 15 publishers
- 5 publishers
- 3 publishers controlled 2/3 of newspaper
- 10 publishers
3. The UK media industry is controlled by...
- 5 companies
- 10 companies
- 13 companies
- 7 companies
4. What is horizontal integration?
- companies showing interest in other forms of media
- Expanding the company
- Gradually increasing in profits
5. Why does it appear that on the surface the number of media outlets has dramatically increased?
- The prospects of new technology has brought about more channels to choose from
- 30 years ago only 4 television channels existed. Now there is hundreds of channels available from digital telivision producers such as Sky or Virgin
- Because the number of owners has increased
- All of the other options