1. Bagdikian suggests there would be how many owners of the USA's media was owned by seperate individuals?
- 75 000
- 100 000
- 25 000
- 50 000
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. The UK media industry is controlled by...
- 13 companies
- 5 companies
- 10 companies
- 7 companies
3. What is Currans view of the concentration of ownership in newspapers?
- It's not a new phenomenon to have so little owners
- It's a negative thing
- It's a positive thing
4. Why does it appear that on the surface the number of media outlets has dramatically increased?
- The prospects of new technology has brought about more channels to choose from
- All of the other options
- 30 years ago only 4 television channels existed. Now there is hundreds of channels available from digital telivision producers such as Sky or Virgin
- Because the number of owners has increased
5. Why do some sociologists suggest that this is an illusion?
- Cultural pessimists believe that the amount of choice is actually restricted and consumer choice is a myth
- We don't choose what is put onto TV