1. What is verticle integration?
- Companies trying to control all aspects of their company
- Buying into new products
- Merging with a new company
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does it appear that on the surface the number of media outlets has dramatically increased?
- The prospects of new technology has brought about more channels to choose from
- 30 years ago only 4 television channels existed. Now there is hundreds of channels available from digital telivision producers such as Sky or Virgin
- Because the number of owners has increased
- All of the other options
3. What is horizontal integration?
- Gradually increasing in profits
- companies showing interest in other forms of media
- Expanding the company
4. Bagdikian suggests there would be how many owners of the USA's media was owned by seperate individuals?
- 75 000
- 25 000
- 50 000
- 100 000
5. Why do some sociologists suggest that this is an illusion?
- Cultural pessimists believe that the amount of choice is actually restricted and consumer choice is a myth
- We don't choose what is put onto TV