1. The UK media industry is controlled by...
- 7 companies
- 5 companies
- 13 companies
- 10 companies
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the major corportations turning their attention to?
- Verticle integration
- Horizontal integration
- Cyber media
- More money
3. Why does it appear that on the surface the number of media outlets has dramatically increased?
- 30 years ago only 4 television channels existed. Now there is hundreds of channels available from digital telivision producers such as Sky or Virgin
- All of the other options
- Because the number of owners has increased
- The prospects of new technology has brought about more channels to choose from
4. Why do some sociologists suggest that this is an illusion?
- Cultural pessimists believe that the amount of choice is actually restricted and consumer choice is a myth
- We don't choose what is put onto TV
5. What was the pattern of publishing for newspapers in 2002
- 3 publishers controlled 2/3 of newspaper
- 5 publishers
- 10 publishers
- 15 publishers