1. North Korean forces invaded South Korea in June 1950, who were they supported by?
- China and North Vietnam
- China and the USSR
- Britain and the US
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Truman dismissed General McArthur in April 1951 because...
- he believed the US should have dropped out of the Korean war
- he threatened to destroy China unless China were to surrender
- he mislead troops causing many casualties
3. By September 1950 the North Korean People's Army had conquered...
- nearly the whole of South Korea
- all of South Korea
- only part of South Korea
4. By ____ both North and South Korea had set up governments - both claiming to be the legitimate government of Korea
5. The Korean war almost lead to a third world war because many US advisers...
- wanted to use an atomic bomb
- wanted to use a hydrogen bomb
- believed invading the USSR was vital to containing communism