1. Truman dismissed General McArthur in April 1951 because...
- he threatened to destroy China unless China were to surrender
- he mislead troops causing many casualties
- he believed the US should have dropped out of the Korean war
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. The UN troops landed in September and by October had...
- found themselves in a stalemate with the North Korean People's Army
- conquered nearly all of North Korea
- suffered great losses in numbers of troops
3. Peace was achieved and the war was over because...
- China and the USSR could no longer fund the war
- Eisenhower offered peace, but threatened to use nuclear weapons
- The North Korean People's Army had suffered too many losses and held peace talks with South Korea
4. In 1945 Korea was split along which parallel?
5. The Korean War consisted of frequent border clashes until what year?