1. By ____ both North and South Korea had set up governments - both claiming to be the legitimate government of Korea
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. The UN troops landed in September and by October had...
- conquered nearly all of North Korea
- suffered great losses in numbers of troops
- found themselves in a stalemate with the North Korean People's Army
3. North Korean forces invaded South Korea in June 1950, who were they supported by?
- China and the USSR
- Britain and the US
- China and North Vietnam
4. Truman dismissed General McArthur in April 1951 because...
- he believed the US should have dropped out of the Korean war
- he threatened to destroy China unless China were to surrender
- he mislead troops causing many casualties
5. In 1950 the Americans were driven back, North Korea had been recaptured and troops were advancing into South Korea. Where were these troops from?
- The USSR