1. Communism was growing in the far east, which country became communist in 1949?
- North Vietnam
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. In 1950 the Americans were driven back, North Korea had been recaptured and troops were advancing into South Korea. Where were these troops from?
- The USSR
3. Peace was achieved and the war was over because...
- China and the USSR could no longer fund the war
- Eisenhower offered peace, but threatened to use nuclear weapons
- The North Korean People's Army had suffered too many losses and held peace talks with South Korea
4. Who was the US General leading the UN troops?
- General McArthur
- General Moore
- General Nixon
5. North Korean forces invaded South Korea in June 1950, who were they supported by?
- China and the USSR
- Britain and the US
- China and North Vietnam