1. Communism was growing in the far east, which country became communist in 1949?
- North Vietnam
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. North Korean forces invaded South Korea in June 1950, who were they supported by?
- China and the USSR
- Britain and the US
- China and North Vietnam
3. Who was the US General leading the UN troops?
- General McArthur
- General Moore
- General Nixon
4. The Korean war almost lead to a third world war because many US advisers...
- wanted to use an atomic bomb
- wanted to use a hydrogen bomb
- believed invading the USSR was vital to containing communism
5. In 1950 the Americans were driven back, North Korea had been recaptured and troops were advancing into South Korea. Where were these troops from?
- The USSR