1. The UN troops landed in September and by October had...
- conquered nearly all of North Korea
- suffered great losses in numbers of troops
- found themselves in a stalemate with the North Korean People's Army
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. North Korean forces invaded South Korea in June 1950, who were they supported by?
- China and North Vietnam
- China and the USSR
- Britain and the US
3. Communism was growing in the far east, which country became communist in 1949?
- North Vietnam
4. Truman dismissed General McArthur in April 1951 because...
- he threatened to destroy China unless China were to surrender
- he mislead troops causing many casualties
- he believed the US should have dropped out of the Korean war
5. Peace was achieved and the war was over because...
- Eisenhower offered peace, but threatened to use nuclear weapons
- The North Korean People's Army had suffered too many losses and held peace talks with South Korea
- China and the USSR could no longer fund the war