1. By September 1950 the North Korean People's Army had conquered...
- only part of South Korea
- nearly the whole of South Korea
- all of South Korea
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. By ____ both North and South Korea had set up governments - both claiming to be the legitimate government of Korea
3. The Korean war almost lead to a third world war because many US advisers...
- wanted to use an atomic bomb
- wanted to use a hydrogen bomb
- believed invading the USSR was vital to containing communism
4. Truman dismissed General McArthur in April 1951 because...
- he believed the US should have dropped out of the Korean war
- he threatened to destroy China unless China were to surrender
- he mislead troops causing many casualties
5. Peace was achieved and the war was over because...
- China and the USSR could no longer fund the war
- Eisenhower offered peace, but threatened to use nuclear weapons
- The North Korean People's Army had suffered too many losses and held peace talks with South Korea