1. Which one of these countries do NOT show high levels of Collectivism?
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the Acuquience bias?
- The ability to make friends
- A methodological problem that people in different cultures use response scales in different way`
- Wrongly attributing properties of individuals to cultures
3. Which one of these are not Schwarz' critique of Hofstede?
- Varaible being measured is a value whihc is culturally sensitive and subjective - but Hofsted counters this and claims surverys are only one of the methods used
- Adequacy of sample nations
- Doesn't consider historical change
4. What is the definition of Cultural Syndromes?
- Culture does not acccurate represent its percieved stereotype (e.g. Japan comes 23rd on the Individualism scale)
- They reflect shared beliefs, attitudes, catergoriations and norms, roles and values organised around a central theme
- Degree to which members of society feel uncomfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Extent to which members of society accept power in institutions is distributed unequally
5. What is not a criticism of Cultural research?
- The correspondance bias
- Research tends to be from one discipline - would be a better foundation from multi-disciplinary approach (using sociology,psychology, economics and anthropology)
- Political influences on Masculinity and Uncertaintity Avoidance - were sensitive to the timing of the survey as Europe was in the midst of a Cold War and recovering from WW2 and there was a communist insurgence in Asia, Africa and Europe
- Outdated - too old for coping with todays rapidly changing environment