1. What countries have the lowest levels of Power Distance?
- Switzerland, Jamaica and Chile
- Austria, Israel and Denmark
- Japan, Ireland and Mexico
- Malaysia, Guatamala and Panama
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are Hofstede's two main assumptions?
- Communication and family socialisation
- Cultures are not individuals and Acquiescence Bias
- Cultures are social systems and you should measure using an idiographic approach
3. What is the Acuquience bias?
- The ability to make friends
- A methodological problem that people in different cultures use response scales in different way`
- Wrongly attributing properties of individuals to cultures
4. What is not a problem of cultural syndromes?
- Provide a map of global differences in national culture
- Do not explain why these variables covary
- Some characteristics do not cluster at individual level
- Ecological Fallacy
5. Which one of these are not Schwarz' critique of Hofstede?
- Adequacy of sample nations
- Doesn't consider historical change
- Varaible being measured is a value whihc is culturally sensitive and subjective - but Hofsted counters this and claims surverys are only one of the methods used