1. What is the definition of Cultural Syndromes?
- Degree to which members of society feel uncomfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Culture does not acccurate represent its percieved stereotype (e.g. Japan comes 23rd on the Individualism scale)
- They reflect shared beliefs, attitudes, catergoriations and norms, roles and values organised around a central theme
- Extent to which members of society accept power in institutions is distributed unequally
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What countries have the lowest levels of Power Distance?
- Austria, Israel and Denmark
- Switzerland, Jamaica and Chile
- Malaysia, Guatamala and Panama
- Japan, Ireland and Mexico
3. Define ecological fallacy
- The ability to generalise cross-cultural research
- Falsely extrapolating group-level findings to individual level of explanation
- Wrongly attributing properties of individuals to cultures
4. How many definitions of culture are there?
- More than 164
- More than 223
5. What is not a criticism of Cultural research?
- The correspondance bias
- Outdated - too old for coping with todays rapidly changing environment
- Research tends to be from one discipline - would be a better foundation from multi-disciplinary approach (using sociology,psychology, economics and anthropology)
- Political influences on Masculinity and Uncertaintity Avoidance - were sensitive to the timing of the survey as Europe was in the midst of a Cold War and recovering from WW2 and there was a communist insurgence in Asia, Africa and Europe