1. Define ecological fallacy
- The ability to generalise cross-cultural research
- Falsely extrapolating group-level findings to individual level of explanation
- Wrongly attributing properties of individuals to cultures
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which one of these countries do NOT show high levels of Collectivism?
3. What is the definition of Cultural Syndromes?
- Culture does not acccurate represent its percieved stereotype (e.g. Japan comes 23rd on the Individualism scale)
- They reflect shared beliefs, attitudes, catergoriations and norms, roles and values organised around a central theme
- Degree to which members of society feel uncomfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Extent to which members of society accept power in institutions is distributed unequally
4. Which one of these are not Schwarz' critique of Hofstede?
- Doesn't consider historical change
- Adequacy of sample nations
- Varaible being measured is a value whihc is culturally sensitive and subjective - but Hofsted counters this and claims surverys are only one of the methods used
5. How many definitions of culture are there?
- More than 164
- More than 223