- Created by: Mary1999
- Created on: 02-05-18 09:57
1. How has the "Male Gaze" been ideologically accepted in relation to Katy Perry's music videos?
- She dances alot
- The excessive application of lingering camera angles/ shots throughout her videos, also backed by her costume.
- Her costumes are often not chosen by herself, but the director/ costume designer.
- Men are made to look more superior.
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What makes the Foo Fighters more likely to have a larger fan group than Stormzy?
- They're older.
- Their genre is Rock.
- Dave Grohl has great hair.
- Dave Grohl.
3. Why might people that have listened to Stormzy be less likely to sit in the preferred/ dominant reading position than Katy Perry?
- Katy Perry has been in the industry longer.
- Katy Perry is female
- His genre is particularly niche, and uses alot of slang in which some people may not understand.
- Stormzy is less established within the music industry.
4. What reading position (Stuart Hall) would gate keepres rather their audience sat in?
- Reception position
- Dominant/ Preferred reading position
- Oppositional reading position
- Negotiated reading position
5. What made Katy Perry unpopular in China, and therefore made the Chinese media put that audience in a oppostitional position?
- Her Sunflower costume that appeared to have a pro-Taiwan message, causing political unrest.
- Her music cannot be translated to Chinese
- The Chinese culture is very authoritarian
- China is far away.