1. How has the "Male Gaze" been ideologically accepted in relation to Katy Perry's music videos?
- The excessive application of lingering camera angles/ shots throughout her videos, also backed by her costume.
- Men are made to look more superior.
- Her costumes are often not chosen by herself, but the director/ costume designer.
- She dances alot
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What made Katy Perry unpopular in China, and therefore made the Chinese media put that audience in a oppostitional position?
- China is far away.
- Her music cannot be translated to Chinese
- Her Sunflower costume that appeared to have a pro-Taiwan message, causing political unrest.
- The Chinese culture is very authoritarian
3. What does it mean that an audience responds positively to a text?
- They accept the ideological messages
- they reject the ideological messages
- they question the ideological messages
- they ignore the ideological messages
4. Why might people that have listened to Stormzy be less likely to sit in the preferred/ dominant reading position than Katy Perry?
- His genre is particularly niche, and uses alot of slang in which some people may not understand.
- Katy Perry has been in the industry longer.
- Katy Perry is female
- Stormzy is less established within the music industry.
5. What reading position (Stuart Hall) would gate keepres rather their audience sat in?
- Reception position
- Negotiated reading position
- Dominant/ Preferred reading position
- Oppositional reading position