1. How does Buss link sexual selection to evolutionary explanations?
- Women want males with resources - Strong and Size = Success in competition, and so are seen as attractive
- Women want males who are strong so they can be protected
- Males what women who are nurturing to care for their offspring
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does Holloway link Anderssons theory of size and strength to Animals?
- Female chimps are 2x bigger than males
- Males chimps are 1.3x bigger than females
- Male chimps are 3x bigger than females
3. This theory predicts that male activities require strength, how is this claim criticised?
- Does not take into account female strength
- Women still have children, and carry also - Dual role
- The agility of the male is not taken into account
- Intelligence is a key factor to competition
4. What does Andersson 1997 look at with Males aggression and it's link to evolution?
- Males need to be strong to be able to hunt
- Males have a hunt, protect and competition lifestyle - They need size and strength
- Males need to be intelligent to outwit their opponents in competition
5. How is this theory Era Specific?
- Society is different
- Role of genders are changing, no longer linked to Women - Carer and Males - Hunter
- Roles and genders have switched