1. This theory predicts that male activities require strength, how is this claim criticised?
- Does not take into account female strength
- The agility of the male is not taken into account
- Intelligence is a key factor to competition
- Women still have children, and carry also - Dual role
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How is this theory Era Specific?
- Role of genders are changing, no longer linked to Women - Carer and Males - Hunter
- Roles and genders have switched
- Society is different
3. How does Buss link sexual selection to evolutionary explanations?
- Males what women who are nurturing to care for their offspring
- Women want males with resources - Strong and Size = Success in competition, and so are seen as attractive
- Women want males who are strong so they can be protected
4. How does Holloway link Anderssons theory of size and strength to Animals?
- Males chimps are 1.3x bigger than females
- Male chimps are 3x bigger than females
- Female chimps are 2x bigger than males
5. How does the Hunting Hypothesis link to Luxens study on interview technique?
- Women - Nurturing, Men - Dominant and direct
- Women - Direct use of language, Men - Caring
Similar Psychology resources: