1. How is this theory Era Specific?
- Society is different
- Role of genders are changing, no longer linked to Women - Carer and Males - Hunter
- Roles and genders have switched
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. This theory predicts that male activities require strength, how is this claim criticised?
- Intelligence is a key factor to competition
- Women still have children, and carry also - Dual role
- Does not take into account female strength
- The agility of the male is not taken into account
3. What is the Hunting Hypothesis by Morris?
- Females have adapted to be more agile and faster so they are able to fulfil their gender roles
- Males have adapted to be faster and agile to be able to hunt (Navigation and awareness)
- Males have adapted to be more intelligent so they are able to protect
4. Why can the evolutionary theory not be generalised?
- Cannot explain social and biological factors
- Research is only through observation
- Research is through case studies only
5. How does Buss link sexual selection to evolutionary explanations?
- Males what women who are nurturing to care for their offspring
- Women want males with resources - Strong and Size = Success in competition, and so are seen as attractive
- Women want males who are strong so they can be protected
Similar Psychology resources: