1. What is the Hunting Hypothesis by Morris?
- Males have adapted to be faster and agile to be able to hunt (Navigation and awareness)
- Males have adapted to be more intelligent so they are able to protect
- Females have adapted to be more agile and faster so they are able to fulfil their gender roles
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. This theory predicts that male activities require strength, how is this claim criticised?
- Women still have children, and carry also - Dual role
- The agility of the male is not taken into account
- Does not take into account female strength
- Intelligence is a key factor to competition
3. How does Holloway link Anderssons theory of size and strength to Animals?
- Female chimps are 2x bigger than males
- Males chimps are 1.3x bigger than females
- Male chimps are 3x bigger than females
4. How is this theory Era Specific?
- Society is different
- Role of genders are changing, no longer linked to Women - Carer and Males - Hunter
- Roles and genders have switched
5. What does Shields state about how different genders evolve?
- They evolve differently in order to survive
- They evolve to take on their different gender roles
Similar Psychology resources: