1. What does Andersson 1997 look at with Males aggression and it's link to evolution?
- Males need to be strong to be able to hunt
- Males have a hunt, protect and competition lifestyle - They need size and strength
- Males need to be intelligent to outwit their opponents in competition
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Shields state about how different genders evolve?
- They evolve differently in order to survive
- They evolve to take on their different gender roles
3. Why can the evolutionary theory not be generalised?
- Cannot explain social and biological factors
- Research is only through observation
- Research is through case studies only
4. How does Buss link sexual selection to evolutionary explanations?
- Males what women who are nurturing to care for their offspring
- Women want males with resources - Strong and Size = Success in competition, and so are seen as attractive
- Women want males who are strong so they can be protected
5. How does Holloway link Anderssons theory of size and strength to Animals?
- Males chimps are 1.3x bigger than females
- Male chimps are 3x bigger than females
- Female chimps are 2x bigger than males
Similar Psychology resources: