1. Where are [the main social group that Cohen looks at] on the status hierarchy?
- They aren't on the hierarchy.
- At the bottom.
- Near the top of the hierarchy.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these flow charts can explain the formation & effects of Status Frustration?
- Education leads to a > Pressure leads to an > Expectation
- Situation leads to a > Response leads to a > Consequence
- Value leads to a > Norm leads to an > Expectation
- Consequence leads to a > Situation leads to a > Response
3. Which one of the studies resonates with Status frustration?
- Willis's Lads 1977 Study
- Corrigan's Study
- Bordieu Cultural Capital Study
- Parson's Warm Bath Theory
4. Which social group are the main example used in Cohen's approach?
- (White) "Under Class" Females
- (White) Working Class Boys
- (White) Working Class Females
- (Black) Middle Class Boys
5. What does Cohen say subcultures usually do to mainstream values?
- Reject most, but keep some of them.
- Evaluate them.
- Invert them.
- Consider them.