1. Which one of the studies resonates with Status frustration?
- Willis's Lads 1977 Study
- Bordieu Cultural Capital Study
- Parson's Warm Bath Theory
- Corrigan's Study
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Cohen say subcultures usually do to mainstream values?
- Evaluate them.
- Consider them.
- Invert them.
- Reject most, but keep some of them.
3. Where are [the main social group that Cohen looks at] on the status hierarchy?
- Near the top of the hierarchy.
- At the bottom.
- They aren't on the hierarchy.
4. Which of these flow charts can explain the formation & effects of Status Frustration?
- Consequence leads to a > Situation leads to a > Response
- Situation leads to a > Response leads to a > Consequence
- Education leads to a > Pressure leads to an > Expectation
- Value leads to a > Norm leads to an > Expectation
5. Which of these is a strength of Cohen's approach (all others are false)?
- He offers an explanation for non-utilitarian/non-monetary crime.
- He offers a clear and straightforward solution towards removing subcultural crime.
- It resonates well with the work of Ann Oakley.
- He uses a wide range of social institutions within his argument.