1. When did Alexander II say he wanted reform to come "from above" rather than "from below"?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the weighting of peasants and nobles in provincial zemstva?
- nobles held 54% of seats and peasants held 17.5%
- nobles held 34% of seats and peasants held 72%
- nobles held 74% of seats and peasants held 10.5%
- nobles held 90% of seats and peasants held 3.5%
3. Prior to Alexander II's reforms, how much government money was spent on repaying debt?
- a third
- two thirds
- a quarter
- a half
4. how many state-owned peasants had to wait until 1866 before they achieved complete freedom?
- 20 million
- 30 million
- 50 million
- 100 million
5. What happened to punishment in the army?
- Conscription itself was no longer a punishment but punishment became harsher
- Punishment became stricter and harsher
- Conscription itself was no longer a punishment and flogging was abolished
- Conscription was now a legal punishment and flogging was abolished