1. When was censorship relaxed and later tightened again?
- 1869 and 1875
- 1865 and 1873
- 1862 and 1876
- 1871 and 1873
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Prior to Alexander II's reforms, how much government money was spent on repaying debt?
- two thirds
- a quarter
- a third
- a half
3. by 1859 how many serfs had been mortgaged for nobles' loans?
4. how many state-owned peasants had to wait until 1866 before they achieved complete freedom?
- 50 million
- 20 million
- 30 million
- 100 million
5. What did Alexander propose in 1881?
- a Duma with the power to examine legislative bills
- a commission of zemstva representatives that could examine legislative bills
- a commission of intelligentsia members
- a commission of zemstva representatives, elected by the people