HOW DID THE TREATY OF VERSAILLES THREATEN THE REPUBLIC?
- psychological damage inflicted on the national consciousness
- damage on germany as a great power
- little public support for further conflict
- hindeburg said treaty of versailles was a humiliating DIKTAT. it was dictated to them with without negotiation.
- myth of the 'stab in the back' - according to hindenburg the treaty was signed because of the anti patriotic snetiments of the clique of left winged politicians. the 'november criminals'. blamed also for the military collapse
- hugo preuss secretary of state - germany had been defeated in war & the kaiser…