The Second Reich under Kaiser Wilhelm II
· To what extent was Germany an autocratic state in the period 1900-1914?
· To what extent was Germany an democratic state in the period 1900-1914?
· How far do you agree with the statement that “the elite dominated German politics in the period 1900-1914”?
· How far do you agree that, by 1914, Germany was an entrenched autocracy?
The German Revolution
· 'The impact of the First World War merely heightened existing social and political tensions which had divided Germany before 1914.' How far do you agree with this judgement?
· What impact did the First World War have upon to political system of the Second Reich?
The Weimar Constitution
· In what ways did the Weimar constitution create democracy in Germany?
The early years of Weimar
· How far do you agree that the primary reason for the failure of the extreme left and extreme right to seize power 1919-23 was the actions of Ebert?
· In what ways did the extreme right undermine Weimar democracy 1919-23?
· How far do you agree that the main reason for the survival of Weimar government 1919-23 was the weakness of its opponents
· “The main threat to the stability of the Weimar Republic in the period 1919 to 1923 came from the political violence of the extreme right.” How far do you agree with this judgement?
· To what extent was the hyperinflation the most serious threat faced by the Weimar government in the period 1919-1923?
· What caused the hyperinflation crisis 1923?
· What were the impacts of…