· Global economy is opening up opportunities for countries wishing to connect with it
· Global village now occupied by two-class society
· Most developed countries are guilty of exploiting developing countries in some way or another – surely cannot be sustainable on moral grounds?
· At same time both types of country are guilty on another charge – overexploiting the environment for economic gain
· Today’s global economy is characterised by the following unsustainable features:
o Quickening rate of resource use, particularly to provide energy and raw materials for global economy. This is most worrying in case of non-renewable resources which once used, are lost forever
o Mass transport of raw materials, products and people around globe involves…