- Created by: etaylor0206
- Created on: 15-06-15 16:06
- Soft Determinism/Compatibilism. - says that determinism and free will are as compatible as they need to be for there to be moral responsibilty.
- Not a compromise and does not limit free will - it is a position taken so that there can be responsibility for human behaviour.
- Some aspects are determined but we have free will.
- Kant says that determinism applies to everything that is the object of knowledge but not acts of the will. Freedom is a postulate of practical reason - our self awareness forces on us the idea that we are free.
- Hume says everything has to have a cause including my actions. I am the determinate cause…