Jesus is baptised
- Today Christians use baptism to follow the example of Jesus and the disciples and to show that they want to become Christians
- At baptism when they become a Christian, the hold spirit enters the person to give them new life
- Christians believe that all humanity was born with original sin because of the time Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit.
- When someone is baptised the original sin is washed away
Peter at Caesarea Philippi
- Important as it gives nformation about how Jesus' teaching were being received at the time
- This is the first time that someone recognises Jesus as the Messiah
- Peter was the leader of the disciples when Jesus left, but he shared the responsiblity for the Church
- Some Christians find this story difficult to accept. Don't know how characters from hundreds of years ago could actually appear.
- The disciples might of imagined it
- Others take it literally 'Nothing is impossible for God'
Jesus Calms a Storm
- Some find it difficult to believe this story, as the story goes against the laws of nature
- Some believe that it is scientificly impossible
- Some see this story as an allegory (the storm represents the persecution faced by Christians at the time)
The feeding of the five thousand
- difficult to believe that this miracle actually happened. Impossible to feed 5,000 on such little food.
- They think Jesus' story is an exaggeration to show Jesus' power
- Some don't think it matters if it happened or…