- Created by: MollyGeehan12
- Created on: 16-11-17 12:00
Berlin Olympics 1936
- games used by Hitler and Nazi party as a stage for political propaganda for ideology that viewed Germany as a 'Superior Empire'
- Third Reich Ideology
- used games to show 'effective and efficient' Nazi team, as well as superiority of the 'master race'
- Nazi Germany team trained full time - stretch ideal of games being an essentially amateur competition
- Lutz Lang, blue eyes blond hair German athlete - Hitler's 'star' - beaten by 'inferior' Jesse Owen
- caused upset to the Nazi party
- there were anti-semantic posters around area before the games - dissappeared before the event
Munich Olympics 1972
- day before games started, 8 Palestinian terrorists - Black September Group - entered Olympic village and seized 11 members of Israeli Olympic team
- made political request to release 234 Palestinians' imprisoned in Israel
- German authorities tried to rescue hostages - botched attempt - all hostages and 5 terrorists died
- IOC decided that games should go on - opening ceremony was pushed back by one day and a…