7.1 National Curriculum requirements
Influence of PE in school is thought to be one major factors that influence the activity levels of young people as it can shape attitudes and behaviour in future.
Why is PE offered in schools?
Legal requirement because PE is compulsory subject.
- Improve health and fitness levels
- Provide a balance within subjects taught
- Prepare young people to take part in physical activity when they leave school
- Provide approved qualifications in line with other subjects
- Reflect the importance and value of sport.
Schools different ways in which PE…