- Created by: rossbrooks123
- Created on: 23-04-16 12:55
Audiences and media products
- Audiences and media products:
- Key terms: Market research, this is when businesses gather information about their audience and the audiences needs.
- Focus research, this is when a small group of people are questioned about a product and the business learn from them (the audience) what they liked and didn't liked.
- Segmented audience, this is a small segmented audience, quite specific, eg 16-30 year olds.
- Mainstream audience, this is the mass audience, the majority of people that will "follow the croud" and do whats "popular" or "normal". This is based upon the majority of people.
- Niche audience, this is a small specific audience in which the product is specific to the audience and meets their needs (price, quality etc), e.g 7-10 year old boys.
- How do broadcasting companies do market research? This is done by a market research group who select a small…