ICT GCSE REVISION: VALIDATION AND VERIFICATION
- NEVER know that data is 100% accurate.
- you can put in checks to make sure its as correct as possible. This is called VALIDATION.
- Checking that data is VALID using SOFTWARE at the INPUT storage.
- In other words the computer uses software to check what is enetered is reasonable.
- Invalid D.O.B's
- Incorrect names,
- Invalid e-mail adresses
- Wrong credit card details.
- Wrong format of Data.
TYPES OF VALIDATION
Type check: something of the correct feild type is…
Similar ICT resources: