Players and organisation
- Eg The World Bank and International monetary fund (IMF)
- These organisations monitor and provide investment.
Impacts on development in developing countries:
- Can provide investment for economic and social projects to improve standards.
- However, they may be seen as 'top-down', with little regard for local needs.
National political organisations
- Eg Governments of particaular countries.
- These organisations influence economic and social conditions in their country (and sometimes globally).