Developed by Jock Young an John Lea. The accuse traditional MArxism and the New Criminology of having idealistic view of criminals as political revolutionarys. They take what they see as realistic approach to crime.
- Crime is a serious problem and is getting worse. The victims of crime are often ignored, and they are often the working class that Marxists are suppossed to be concerned for
- Crime is growing and is not all down to labelling or racist policing
- The offical statistics on crime are broadly correct
- There is an ethnic dimension to crime
- Afro-Carribean en are more likely to be involved in street crime…