- Created by: Tasha24_x
- Created on: 31-12-19 13:51
B1 - development of literacy skills
How children develop reading skills:
- it is important to harness childrens curiosity and encourage them to develop their interest through valuing books and enjoying reading in a supportive environment
- many children will have been given or shown books from a very early ag, this means they will have started to build up their pre-reading skills
- may have also had experiences of nursery rhymes and songs so will be able to recognise patterns in words and predict what comes next.
- childrens should be read to as much as possible
- given plenty of opportunities for speaking and listening through talking about books.
How adults support children's skills in reading and writing:
- links between spoken sounds, letters and symbols - looking at shapes of letters whilst adults sound them out ,…