What is analysis?
- Describe clearly in detail what the problem is you are going to solve.
- Identify who needs the solution to the problem. Person identifying the problem and asking for a solution is called the client. Give some information as to the context in which the client needs the solution.
- Identify who will use the solution.
- Identification of a client
- person who needs the solution to an ICT problem which they have identified
- Identification of the user
- person who makes active use of an ICT solution to solve an ICT problem
- active use means they alter the input and produce the output to use in some way
- a user will: actively use the solution, alter the input, update content, use the output in some way
- Identification of audience
- Will only view the content
1 of 2
Consider the skills of the user
- age of users
- ICT skills of users
- language level used
- type of user interface
Producing a list of client requirements
Interpreting the list of requirements
- INPUT: input data will be needed and where will it come from and how will it get into the ICT system
- PROCESS: what processing needs to be done on the input data in order to produce the output
- OUTPUT: what information is needed in what format
2 of 2
Similar ICT resources: