Many factors impact on being able to sustain involvement in physical activity. The factors are grouped into cateogories: people, image, culture, resources, health and wellbeing, and socio-economic.
- role models
1 of 4
- Relations (aunt, uncle, etc.)
- Brothers and sisters
- Growing up with family members who participate in particular sports, make you aware of these sports from an early age, e.g. you play football because your brother plays football.
2 of 4
- Other members at your club
- Seeing your friends enjoy taking part in an activity may make you want to do that activity too.
3 of 4
- National and international performers
- Good performers in your school
- People you admire
- We all want to be like our role models. We might continue in a sport in order to be like our role model.
4 of 4
Similar Physical Education resources: