Influences on Participation in Sport.
People~ Family, Peers ect.
Image~ Fashion (getting the right equipment to fit in with others/ money maker and becoming a victim of fashion)
Media Coverage~ If a sport is on TV, Radio or im magazines or newspapers alot then more people are more likely to enjoy it as it is more popular.
Cultural Factors~ Disabilities, (availability of specialist centers/equipment) Gender, (Eg.Girls are more unlikely to play rugby-Public Perception) Age, (Eg. London marathon at age 70) Race, (racial abuse, background ect)
Resources~ (Facilities and availability)
Location & Access~ (local and easy to get to/ close to you/parking space ect)
Time~(available when your free/ on weekends or evenings)
Health and Wellbeing~ (Illness and Health problems/ to stay healthy)
Opportunities & Benefits
- Performer~ Pleasure and Sucsess
- Official~ Improve knowledge of rules & contribute even if unable to play
- Coach~ Improve performance, gain qualification and knowledge
- Observer~ Pleasure, improve knowledge
- Captain~ Develop leadership skills
- Leader~ gain qualification & improve self worth
- Organiser~ Develop organisation skills & contribute even if unable to play
- Choreographer~ Creativity outlet & develop ideas beyond own ability
Sport Participation Pyramid
*a pyramid that is cut horizontally into 4 sections. the bottom most section labled 1 and travling upwards through to number 4*
1) Foundation~ *base of Pyramid* likely to be learning/expiriencing baisic sport skills ie. school pe lessons. Good exercise provides basis for future preperation.
2) Participation~ stage where young people begin to participate regularly in a specific activity. ie. extra curricular activities- maybe not played too competitivly
3) Performance~ developing sport specific skills & activities to develop talent in sport. recieving local &/or reigional coaching and competition/league oppertunities
4) Elite~ sporting excellence in your personal sport, usually taking part in international competitions.
Health Related Components of Fitness
- Cardiovascular Fitness
- Muscular Endurance
- Muscular Strength
- Body Compisition
*when trying to remember lists of words, try making up little Rhymes or Acronyms that may help you; like mine below for an example... but your more likely to remember it if you make one up yourself*
Skill Related Components of Fitness
- Reaction Time
For the first 3 words remember A, B, C: like the alphabet. Now you just got to find a way to remember P,R & S.
maybe... ABC...Skills Remembered = Passed!