- To remove barriers & make links between Eastern & Western Europe.
1 of 4
Treaty of Warsaw & Treaty of Moscow (1970)
- Both agree on recognition of Oder-Neisse line as border of Poland & Germany.
- Already been agreed at Potsdam, but was never a formal, permament agreement.
2 of 4
Four Power Agreement (1971)
- Between: USA, France, USSR & Britain.
- Secured situation in Germany for 4 powers.
- Legal basis given to access routes from West Germany to West Berlin.
- Improved relations between sectors.
3 of 4
Basic Treaty (1972)
- Agreement of East & West Germany.
- West Germany accepts existence of East Germany as a seperate state.
- Trade links established.
- West Germany accepts soviet control on Eastern Europe.
4 of 4
Similar History resources: