- Germany lost 13% of her land
- The Rhineland was demilitarised
- Germany was disarmed
- The Anschluss was forbidden
- The War Guilt Clause
- Reparation costs
- To make Germany smaller by losing her population and fighting force. To reward those countries most affected.
- To allow warning for France if Germany would attack (To safeguard France)
- To prevent Germany from starting another war and to make the winning countries even stronger.
- To weaken Germany by lowering her population, land space and army
- To make Germany accept the blame for the war and all the damaged caused, therefore forcing her to pay reparation costs