- Created by: joehatherell
- Created on: 07-11-16 13:13
- Energy Security
- Energy Demand - The need or desire for energy
- Energy Consumption- The availability and use of energy
- Energy Security - The extent to which an affordable, reliable and stable energy supply can be achieved.
- Energy Pathway - The routes along which energy sources move from producer to consumer.
- Energy Mix - The relative contribution of different energy sources to a country's energy production/consumption
- Global Energy Uncertainty
- Scale of global population growth
- Impact of rising living standards
- Size of undiscovered oil and gas reserves
- Discovery of new energy technologies
- The scale of the possible with to renewable energies
- Possible contribution of 'unconventional' oil sources
- Emergent economies' energy demands
- Case Studies
- Trans-Siberian Pipeline- Project proposed in 1978 as an export pipeline from Russia to Europe.Constructed in 1982-1984. It runs from Siberia's gas field to Uzhgorod in western Ukraine. Built over 3 mountain ranges and several large rivers. Built above ground to preserve permafrost
- Oil Extraction in the Niger Delta - Oil TNCs like Shell & Exxon Mobil are exploiting oil there, but old pipelines are being damaged by militias and leaking vast amounts of oil (546m gallons over last 5 decades).
- Chinese Energy Demand
- In 2001, China accounted for 10% of world energy demand, 15% in 2007.
Similar Geography resources: