1. What is the first stage of the Butler Model?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many hours or more is a long haul holiday?
3. How have enclave resorts reduced the social impacts of tourism in the Maldives?
- Money is invested into local shops and businesses.
- The money generated by tourists has been used for education and services for local people.
- More money is invested into the area and the multiplier effect is applied.
- The tourists keep inside the resort and therefore don't damage the environment.
4. What is a resort?
- An all-inclusive structure
- A town/village that provides for tourist needs
- A hotel
- A holiday destination
5. What must tourists and tour operators do to protect the GBR?
- Give 12 days notice to the local government when they wish to visit the reef
- Tourists must pay a daily fee and tour operators must comply with speed limits
- Not go diving in certain areas
- Not trample on the reefs