- A statement
- An exclamation
- A question
- A command
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Adjacency pairs
- Two people stood adjacent to each other when talking
- Two utterances, one after the other, where the first provokes the second response
- Two words that go together in an utterance
- A pair of people talking in an exchange
3. Modal verbs
- Normal verbs
- Words such as 'quickly' or 'slowly'
- Verbs expressing necessity or possibility such as 'shall' or 'may'
- Common verbs
- Somebody's speech habits
- The shortening of words such as 'going to' to 'gonna'
- Formal language
- Informal language
- Breaking the law
- Deliberately going against the rules or conventions
- Accidentally going against the rules or conventions
- Breaking school rules