1. Which is not a way MIS are different from data processing systems
- MIS produce information beyond that normally needed for routine data processing. DPS tend to be simple inflexible systems with little room for manipulation by the end user.
- MIS is based around databases whereas Data Processing Systems require data to be inputted in a designated format and will only produce a limited range of specific reports.
- MIS do not produce information where timing is critical and DPS carry out routine tasks.
- MIS are used to supply information to management in order to help make decisions, whereas DPS are designed to deal with day to day processing needs of an organisation.
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why may an MIS fail?
- Costs lowering for the overall project
- It exceeds the original expectations.
- Key personnel leaving
- Too many staff working at once
3. What is the definition of MIS
- MIS is the way a register is taken in a school or beds are counted in a hospital.
- Systems that convert data from internal or external sources into information to be used by managers are called Management Information Systems (MIS). Management Information Systems are organised collections of people, procedures and resources designed
- MIS is the way you produce information where timing is critical and DPS carry out routine and repetitive tasks.
- MIS is a way that managers collect data from a certain place using Questionnaires and Online Surveys.
4. A feature of an effective MIS
- Inappropriate hardware and software
- Accuraccy of Data
- Lack of management knowledge about ICT systems and their capabilities
- For it to limit interpersonal communications between management and employees.
5. Examples where MIS may be used.
- A chief executive of a Supermarket may extract financial information about each supermarket in the chain to identify those making the least profits.
- A sales assistant uses this to create a receipt for a customers purchase.
- A pupil uses MIS to log onto their school emails using their school email and password.
- A manager of a nationwide parcel delivery company could use their MIS to look at their events for the next few weeks in their calendar.
Similar ICT resources: