- Created by: Psych951
- Created on: 01-05-18 11:13
1. What is positive punishment in operant conditioning?
- Deter a response by presenting something negative
- Deter a response by removing something positive
- Encourage a response by removing something negative
- Encourage a response by presenting something positive
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is shaping in operant conditioning?
- Discriminative stimuli influence behaviour e.g. sight of police car changes driving style.
- Sequence of events which provide opportunities to reach final event.
- Reinforcing successive approximations towards desired responses to teach new behaviours
- Signal that a particular response will produce certain consequences
3. Which of these best describes operant conditioning?
- Repeating a behaviour due to being rewarded for the behaviour
- Repeating a behaviour because somebody told you to.
- The consequences of a behaviour affect subsequent behaviour
- Relationship between stimulus and behaviour
4. What is learning?
- Not exercising and then starting to exercise
- Enduring and adaptive change in capacity for behaviour
- The ability for an organism to develop behaviours from a blank slate
- A link between stimuli and environment
5. Which of these can classical conditioning NOT be applied to?
- Training police and guide dogs
- Acquiring and over-coming phobias
- Explaining attraction and aversion
- Explaining and treating sickness