1. What was the aim of NATO?
- To defend the west against pirates.
- To defend the west against communism.
- To defend the west against capitalism.
- To defend the west against Romney.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who became the next Hungarian leader?
3. The western sectors of Germany (Trizonia) upset Stalin in 1948. What did they do that upset him?
- Gave 170,000 tonnes of supplies to West Berlin a month.
- Sneezed in his fruit salad.
- Introduced a new currency.
- Created the Warsaw Pact.
4. In October East Germany became known as what?
- RDG (Republic Democrats of Germany)
- GDR (German Democratic Republic)
- DRG (Democratic Republic of Germany)
- Taylor Swift
5. When did both countries have hydrogen bombs?
Similar History resources: