1. The western sectors of Germany (Trizonia) upset Stalin in 1948. What did they do that upset him?
- Gave 170,000 tonnes of supplies to West Berlin a month.
- Sneezed in his fruit salad.
- Introduced a new currency.
- Created the Warsaw Pact.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many people were killed and how many escaped?
- 100,000 killed, 100,000 fled.
- 300,000 killed, 300,000 fled.
- 20,000 killed, 200,000 fled.
- 200,000 killed, 20,000 fled.
3. His oppressive regime imprisoned how many people?
- At least 7
4. In 1955 the USSR responded - with what?
- The Warsaw Pact.
- The Berlin blockade.
- The atomic bomb.
5. In October East Germany became known as what?
- RDG (Republic Democrats of Germany)
- GDR (German Democratic Republic)
- DRG (Democratic Republic of Germany)
- Taylor Swift
Similar History resources: