Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. In 1955 the USSR responded - with what?
- The Warsaw Pact.
- The Berlin blockade.
- The atomic bomb.
7. What happened to Nagy?
- Arrested and hanged June 1958
- Fled 1958
- Arrested 1956
- Hanged 1970
8. When did Stalin end the blockade?
- June 1949
- May 1949
- June 1948
9. His oppressive regime imprisoned how many people?
- At least 7
10. Who became the next Hungarian leader?
11. Khrushchev was unhappy with the more liberal approach in Hungary - how many troops did he send into Hungary?
12. The western sectors of Germany (Trizonia) upset Stalin in 1948. What did they do that upset him?
- Formed NATO.
- Set up an assembly to create a German constitution.
- Sent a secret telegram.
- Create the atomic bomb.
13. When did both countries have hydrogen bombs?
14. When was NATO formed?
- Last Thursday
- April 1949
- June 1948
- January 1949
15. Who was Hungary's dictator from 1949-56?
16. What was the aim of NATO?
- To defend the west against Romney.
- To defend the west against capitalism.
- To defend the west against communism.
- To defend the west against pirates.
17. The western sectors of Germany (Trizonia) upset Stalin in 1948. What did they do that upset him?
- Gave 170,000 tonnes of supplies to West Berlin a month.
- Introduced a new currency.
- Created the Warsaw Pact.
- Sneezed in his fruit salad.
18. In October East Germany became known as what?
- RDG (Republic Democrats of Germany)
- GDR (German Democratic Republic)
- DRG (Democratic Republic of Germany)
- Taylor Swift
19. Following Stalin's death in 1953, what started happening in the USSR and eastern countries?
20. Who was the next (more liberal) leader of Hungary?