Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. Who was the next (more liberal) leader of Hungary?
7. As a response Stalin set up a blockade around West Berlin. When did this start?
- June 1948
- June 1949
- April 1948
- November 1948
8. Who was Hungary's dictator from 1949-56?
9. The western sectors of Germany (Trizonia) upset Stalin in 1948. What did they do that upset him?
- Introduced a new currency.
- Sneezed in his fruit salad.
- Created the Warsaw Pact.
- Gave 170,000 tonnes of supplies to West Berlin a month.
10. The western sectors of Germany (Trizonia) upset Stalin in 1948. What did they do that upset him?
- Create the atomic bomb.
- Set up an assembly to create a German constitution.
- Formed NATO.
- Sent a secret telegram.
11. What happened to Nagy?
- Arrested 1956
- Hanged 1970
- Arrested and hanged June 1958
- Fled 1958
12. The arms race was a key feature of the Cold War. When did the USSR develop its own atomic bomb?
- 3000 and late
13. In October East Germany became known as what?
- GDR (German Democratic Republic)
- Taylor Swift
- DRG (Democratic Republic of Germany)
- RDG (Republic Democrats of Germany)
14. When was NATO formed?
- January 1949
- June 1948
- April 1949
- Last Thursday
15. Who became the next Hungarian leader?
16. When did both countries have hydrogen bombs?
17. His oppressive regime imprisoned how many people?
- At least 7
18. In September West Germany became a separate country - also known as what?
- FRW (Federal Republic of the West)
- FDR (Federal Republic of Germany)
- FRG (Ferderal Republic of Germany)
19. What was the aim of NATO?
- To defend the west against Romney.
- To defend the west against capitalism.
- To defend the west against communism.
- To defend the west against pirates.
20. At its height how many tonnes of supplies were being sent in to West Berlin?
- 180,000 tonnes a month
- 12 tonnes a month
- 170,000 tonnes a month
- 160,000 tonnes a month