1. what was Duncan sandy's white paper about?
- to introduce conscription
- better sea wall protection
- reduce of conventional forces, use nuclear weapons as a deterrent and prop
- to increase the military involvement in the cold war
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. how much did Britain borrow from the US?
- 7 millions pounds of goods
- 5 billion pounds of goods
- 5 million pounds of goods
- 3 billion pounds of goods
3. what problems did Jim ( James) Callaghan face as Chancellor of the Exchequer?
- Bank rate increased
- Conservatives lefted it in too bad of a shape
- protential devaluation ($2.80-$2.40) and balance of payment crisis
- seamen's union strike in 1966
- one year freeze on wages while prices increased
- restrictions on hire purchase
4. when did Churchill become Prime minister of the war time coalition?
- April 1939
- May 1940
- June 1941
- December 1939
5. why did Labour win the 1945 election (conservative failures)
- government failed to provide 'a land fit for heroes'
- conservatives had a weak and unconvincing election campaign
- Conservatives were considered an inter-war government
- failed to manage the economy and unemployment
- conservative government failed to stop the war with thier 'appeasement'policy
- Churchill was considered a war mongrel and people couldnt rely on him as a domestic politician