1. what was Macmillan's housing target that he achieved?
- 750,000 houses a year
- 100,000 houses a year
- 300,000 houses a year
- 450,000 houses a year
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What tough decisions did Denis Healey make?
- completely withdrawal from asia all troops gone by 1971
- reduced military commitments and expenditure
- Withdrawal from the Arab-Isreali war in the east of Suez in 1967
- cancel the F111 with pressure from Roy Jenkins
- cut expenditure from 6% to 4%
- scrap the TSR2 designed to drop nuclear weapons on Russia
3. which is the most important main features of Labour's welfare programme
- the National Insurance act creates a system of universal and compulsory government-employer-employee contributions to unemployment, sickness,maternity expense, widowhood and retirement
- the Industrial Injuries act provided cover for accidents
- the National Health Service act gave everyone free medical and hospital treatment
- the National Assistance act which sets up national assistance boards to deal directly and financially
4. when did Britain get US aid through the Lend-Lease agreement?
5. who won the general election of 1959?
- conservatives but labour was strong
- labour due to gaitskell being leader
- conservatives but labour was weak