1. what were the 3 welfare acts introduced in 1946 and 1948?
- national health service, national insurance and national assistance
- national assistance, national benefits and national need
- national welfare, national insurance and national benefits
- national benefits, national health service and national scheme
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. who won the general election of 1959?
- conservatives but labour was weak
- conservatives but labour was strong
- labour due to gaitskell being leader
3. what is labour's 1918 constitution?
- nationalise everything
- constitution to the common ownership of the means of production, distribution and exchange - main one clause 4
- to be socialist
- constitution to respect everyone and for them to be equal
4. how are butler's policies described and why?
- impressionable because he was lucky and popular
- butskellism because his consensus policies
- good as falling commodity prices and surge in exports improved the economy
- bad as dollar gap and run on british reserves
5. what good things happened in 1962?
- Maudling kick started the economy and between 1959 and 1964 real wages increased by 19% for manual workers
- Macmillan didnt have a fit
- no longer classed as the 'sick man of Europe'
- everyone had a vaccuum cleaner not just middle class people