1. What was wrong with Butler's budget in April 1955?
- it didnt solve stop go economics
- it was a failed giveaway budget
- it was very expensive
- it made the rich poorer
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. who were the conservatives 3 main ministers?
- Churchill, Eden and Ian Macleod (mo health)
- Macmillan, Nye Bevan and Ernie Bevin
- Sir Anthony Eden (foreign secretary), Rab ( chancelor of the exchequer) Macmillan (mo housing)
- Rab, churchill and Sir Walton Monckton (mo Labour)
3. what was Frank Cousins the leader of?
- Transport and General worker's union (TGWU)
- bus and train ways union
- the taxidermy industry
- trade union leader of press and publications
4. who won the 1955 general election on the 26 of may?
- Conservatives ( eden's premiership)
5. what year was the first devaluation of the pound?
- 1949 (£4.80-£2.80)
- 1949 (£4.30-£2.80)
- 1950 (£4.80-£2.50)
- 1948 (£4.40-£2.40)