1. why did labour win the 1945 election (labour's achievements)
- ministers had respect of the electorate
- people overlooked their failure due to being a minority government
- represented a progessive zeitgeist which encouraged reform anf reconstruction
- seen as better fit to do post-war construction
- the first past the post system worked in their favour
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is labour's 1918 constitution?
- constitution to the common ownership of the means of production, distribution and exchange - main one clause 4
- constitution to respect everyone and for them to be equal
- to be socialist
- nationalise everything
3. the reactions to the Suez crisis
- Middle east said no more oil unless you pull out of Egypt
- Edens's reputation ruined
- humiliation for britain to have to retreat
- the US refused to give us a loan unless we pull out
4. what were the events of the Profumo affair 1962?
- Macmillan handly it poorly ;) and Aledc Douglas-Home took over
- John Profumo minister of the army had an affair with call girl Christine Keeler who aslo had an relationship with a russian spy
- John Profumo cheated on his wife and lied about it in the house of commons
- there was a national security risk
5. between 1945 and 1946 how many houses were built?