1. what economic things did Wilson introduce?
- butskellism was brought back
- Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) and Prices and Income Board was set up in feb 1965
- wage freezes
- more inheritance tax
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. most important feature of nationalisation?
- fuel and power industries (1946 and 1948)
- cable and wireless (1946)
- iron and steel (1949)
- innland transport (1947)
3. what happened in July 1962?
- the 'night of the long knives'
- Nottinghill Riots
- bloody sunday
- the general election
4. main problems labour faced?
- invisible exports dropped by £248 million in 1938 to £120 million in 1946
- cost of oversea military commitments between 1938 and 1946
- in debt of £4198 million
- Hugh Dalton Chancellor of the Exchequer got loan of $60000 from US and canada in 1945-1947
- a balance of payments (1945-46) spent £750 million abroad
- exports dropped by 60% in wartime
- overworked ministers
5. what was Frank Cousins the leader of?
- bus and train ways union
- the taxidermy industry
- Transport and General worker's union (TGWU)
- trade union leader of press and publications