1. What tough decisions did Denis Healey make?
- cancel the F111 with pressure from Roy Jenkins
- completely withdrawal from asia all troops gone by 1971
- cut expenditure from 6% to 4%
- reduced military commitments and expenditure
- scrap the TSR2 designed to drop nuclear weapons on Russia
- Withdrawal from the Arab-Isreali war in the east of Suez in 1967
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. who won the 1951 general election?
- Conservatives 295-92
- labour 321-295
- conservatives 321-295
- liberals 321-295
3. what happened in December 1945?
- the Suez crisis
- US loan agreement (50 year loan of $3.75 billion plus 2% interest)
- the end of bread rationing
- Bloody sunday in Ireland
4. what was Frank Cousins the leader of?
- Transport and General worker's union (TGWU)
- bus and train ways union
- the taxidermy industry
- trade union leader of press and publications
5. what were two controversial acts passed though race relations board november 1965
- act of interracial marriages
- commonwealth immigrations act
- Race relations acts 1966 and 1968
- British national act of 1948 brought in due to the SS empire Windrush which brought over almost 500 west indians from the Caribbean