1. Which of the following ailments can be contracted from obesity?
- Type 2 diabetes
- Ventricular tachycardia
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Antibiotics are drugs which kill pathogens, or infective bacteria. True or false?
- True: Antibiotics destroy the pathogens, thereby killing them. They are 'anti-bio', 'against-life'
- False: Antibiotics merely reduce the pathogen to an ineffective and harmless state. For efficiency, these ineffective pathogens can then be removed for use in vaccines, for immunisation
3. Hungarian physician Ignaz Semmelweis employed what method of infection prevention in many hospitals?
- The Semmelweis ward rotation method for patients
- Use of disinfectant on all medical instruments following use
- Hand washing before treatments and between wards
- The wearing of face masks by all medical staff
4. A nationwide contagion is an epidemic. An international contagion is referred to as a...
5. Which of the following is the name for the small poisonous substances emitted by pathogens?