1. Which of the following factors does not affect metabolic rate?
- Inherited factors
- Size of the organism
- Proportion of muscle to fat
- Physical activity
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is an accurate description of vaccines can develop immunity?
- The vaccine contains raw antibodies, antitoxins, and, in certain cases, additional white blood cells, that are then stored by the body, for immediate release if the corresponding pathogens enter the body. Leukocytes must match antigenic composition
- Dead or inactive forms of the relevant pathogen pass into the body's blood vessels; the body's pores and epithelial tissues then develop preventative mucuses and acidic compounds that will trap and kill these pathogens in the future
- Dead or inactive forms of the relevant pathogen are injected into the patient. The patient's white blood cells then respond by learning and emitting the appropriate antibodies and antitoxins, remembering these for the future
- The vaccine contains no pathogens, but does contain enzymes that catalyse and improve leukocytic protein synthesis; this means that white blood cells become stronger, and can produce more effective antibodies and antitoxins
3. The two main types of pathogen are...
- Bacteria and ventriculators
- Bacteria and yeast
- Bacteria and viruses
- Viruses and bactrians
4. What word describes someone with insufficient mineral ions or vitamins?
5. Which of the following is an apparatus usually used in the development of controlled bacteria cultures?
- Vaccinating loop
- Sterilising loop
- Inoculating loop
- Immunising loop