1. Which of the following is not a potential form of contamination for laboratory cultures of non-pathogenic bacteria?
- Agar jelly
- Laboratory equipment
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. 'Pathogen' is synonymous with (another word for) 'disease'. True or false?
- False: Pathogens are microorganisms that cause disease, they are not the disease themselves
- True: Pathogens are the microscopic embodiment of any given disease
3. Antibiotics are drugs which kill pathogens, or infective bacteria. True or false?
- True: Antibiotics destroy the pathogens, thereby killing them. They are 'anti-bio', 'against-life'
- False: Antibiotics merely reduce the pathogen to an ineffective and harmless state. For efficiency, these ineffective pathogens can then be removed for use in vaccines, for immunisation
4. What word describes someone with insufficient mineral ions or vitamins?
5. Of which bodily system are white blood cells (leukocytes) a part?
- The endocrine system
- The immune system
- The nervous (neurological) system
- The digestive system