- Created by: MatthewStafford
- Created on: 29-05-15 15:21
1. What is the main reason it is medically beneficial to grow and investigate cultures of microorganisms?
- The effectiveness of specialised scientific equipment in dealing with microorganisms can be observed
- Their reactions to various new antibiotics can be observed, to see the effectiveness of a developing drug
- Their reproductive rate under different conditions can be observed, and thus accurate prognoses and medical predictions made
- Medical researchers can earn money! ;)
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. A nationwide contagion is an epidemic. An international contagion is referred to as a...
3. Which of the following ailments can be contracted from obesity?
- Type 2 diabetes
- Ventricular tachycardia
4. A seemingly random alteration in the composition of genetic material during its mitotic replication in asexual reproduction is referred to as a...
5. Hungarian physician Ignaz Semmelweis employed what method of infection prevention in many hospitals?
- The Semmelweis ward rotation method for patients
- Use of disinfectant on all medical instruments following use
- Hand washing before treatments and between wards
- The wearing of face masks by all medical staff