1. In the Tchambuli tribe in Meads Study which gender is dominant?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. In the follow up study of Mead in 1949 what was found about male behaviour?
- In all tribes males were more aggressive than females - innate
- In all tribes males were dominant
- In all tribes females were more aggressive - Innate
3. What group did Medicine 1997 look at, and what did he find?
- Mbuti Pygamies - Roles of sex have no effect on societal roles
- Where gender roles were not clear, Lakota tribe, Winkte - males who do not want to hunt
- Full segregation of the sexes - no integration (Mundurucu Indians)
4. How do Monroe and Monroe see womens role through culture?
- Dual Role
- Food Prep and Childcare
- Main breadwinner
5. What did William and Best find in their study of 27 countries?
- Equal roles in a majority of countries
- Men = Dominant Women = Nurturing
- Men = Main caregiver Women = Dominant
Similar Psychology resources: