1. In which case was Nature stronger than Nurture? (Money 1974)
- John/ Joan - Even though socialised as a girl and then re-socialised as a male = Psychological harm caused suicide
- John/Jenny - Even though socialised as a Male and then re-socialised as a male still had psychological harm
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who looked at the Basista Family and how they naturally change from Females and Males?
- Leighton & Rieffer
- James et al
3. Who first looked at the bio social approach?
- Leighton et al
- Money and Erdhardt
- Downes and Rock
- Reiss et al
4. What does Smith and Lloyds theory show about parental interaction?
- If the baby was dressed in blue, parents tended to be more rough. If dressed in pink, they would use girls toys - Stereotyping
- If the baby was dressed in blue, the parents would still play with both sets of gender toys and the same for if the baby was dressed in pink
- If the baby was dressed in pink, the parents would play with the child more roughly than if it was dressed in blue
5. Why can't these theories by generalised to all humans?
- As they are case studies
- As they are only observations
- As they do not take into account all factors that determine gender
Similar Psychology resources: