1. Who looked at the case of Mr Blackwell and what was found?
- Goldwyn - Even though his brain was chemically female, he believed he was a boy due to socialisation
- Goldwyn - His brain was chemically female so was re-socialised to be female
- Money & Erdhardt - Socialisation has a greater effect on gender than biology
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why can't these theories by generalised to all humans?
- As they do not take into account all factors that determine gender
- As they are case studies
- As they are only observations
3. In which case was Nature stronger than Nurture? (Money 1974)
- John/ Joan - Even though socialised as a girl and then re-socialised as a male = Psychological harm caused suicide
- John/Jenny - Even though socialised as a Male and then re-socialised as a male still had psychological harm
4. What does Smith and Lloyds theory suggest about the colour of the babies clothes?
- How the child is labelled ( Through the colour clothing) determines how the child is socialised (Which toys)
- How the child acts towards the parents determines the gender given
- Which toys the child plays with indicates to the parents which gender the child is (Colour of clothes makes no difference)
5. Who first looked at the bio social approach?
- Leighton et al
- Reiss et al
- Money and Erdhardt
- Downes and Rock
Similar Psychology resources: