1. In which case was Nature stronger than Nurture? (Money 1974)
- John/ Joan - Even though socialised as a girl and then re-socialised as a male = Psychological harm caused suicide
- John/Jenny - Even though socialised as a Male and then re-socialised as a male still had psychological harm
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How this theory not deterministic?
- As it takes into account all factors that determine gender both nature and nurture
- As it takes into account both the biological and social factors
- As it takes into account both the cognitive and biological factors
3. Who looked at the Basista Family and how they naturally change from Females and Males?
- Leighton & Rieffer
- James et al
4. Why is this theory retrospective?
- As they are observations and case studies only
- As they are case studies and era dependant
- As they are open to interpretation
5. What does Smith and Lloyds theory suggest about the colour of the babies clothes?
- Which toys the child plays with indicates to the parents which gender the child is (Colour of clothes makes no difference)
- How the child is labelled ( Through the colour clothing) determines how the child is socialised (Which toys)
- How the child acts towards the parents determines the gender given
Similar Psychology resources: