1. How this theory not deterministic?
- As it takes into account all factors that determine gender both nature and nurture
- As it takes into account both the biological and social factors
- As it takes into account both the cognitive and biological factors
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who looked at the case of Mr Blackwell and what was found?
- Goldwyn - Even though his brain was chemically female, he believed he was a boy due to socialisation
- Goldwyn - His brain was chemically female so was re-socialised to be female
- Money & Erdhardt - Socialisation has a greater effect on gender than biology
3. Who supported Money & Erdhardt's claim that a child can change sex without any psychological harm?
- Mazur et al - 5 Individuals Genetically male, but raised as females - even though acted slightly male still well ajusted
- Mazur et al - 4 individuals Genetically male, but raised female - Had male behaviour but still well ajusted
- Mckillip et al - 5 Individuals Genetically female but raised males - Well adjusted just with female tendences
4. Who first looked at the bio social approach?
- Downes and Rock
- Leighton et al
- Money and Erdhardt
- Reiss et al
5. In which case was Nature stronger than Nurture? (Money 1974)
- John/ Joan - Even though socialised as a girl and then re-socialised as a male = Psychological harm caused suicide
- John/Jenny - Even though socialised as a Male and then re-socialised as a male still had psychological harm
Similar Psychology resources: