1. What did the Kitzpatrick research show?
- Attachment type is not fixed, you can shift from SA to IA
- Love quiz, IA= fear of closeness, IR= difficulty in finding true love, SA= solid relationships AND divorce rate 12% higher in IA
- Longitudinal study, 78 ppts followed from infancy to adolescence and those rated securely attached had closer relationships
- Children who had suffered abuse, had a disorganised attachment type
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the 2 theories used to explain formation of romantic relationships?
- Equity theory and Social exchange theory
- Reward-need satisfaction and Matching hypothesis
- Rollie and Ducks theory and Matching hypothesis
- Social exchange theory and Reward-need satisfaction
3. What did Buss et al find?
- Socialisation could be an alternative explanation so it is the norms that explain the differences
- Students asked a series of questions (date? flat? sex?) by an attractive researcher and 0% of females agreed compared to 75% of males
- 10,000 ppts, 37 cultures, overall men look for attractiveness and youth + women look for financial support
- 900 lonely heart ads, 42% of males look for youth compared to 25% of women, and 44% of males look for attractive partner compared to 22% females
4. What are the A02 points for the parent-child relationships on romantic relationships essay
- Hazan + Shaver, Simpson et al, Van der Kolk + Fisler, Kitzpatrick
- Trivers et al, Hazan + Shaver, Simpson et al, Van der Kolk + Fisler
- Simpson et al, Van der Kolk + Fisler, Kitzpatrick, Walster et al,
- Hazan + Shaver, Simpson et al, Van der Kolk + Fisler, Walster et al
5. What are the A02 points for sex differences in parental investment?
- Trivers et al, Geher et al, Walster et al
- Geher et al, Geher et al follow up, Anderson, Socialisation
- Socialisation, Geher et al, Walster et al, Anderson
- Walster et al, Geher et al, Anderson