1. Are are the A01 explanations of culture on relationships and who created each?
- Hofstede: Voluntary.Vs.Involuntary, Indivualist.Vs.Collectivist, Differences in loneliness, DIfferences in the importance of love
- Hofstede: Differences in lonliness, Levine: Involuntary vs volunatary
- Hofstede: Voluntary.Vs.Involuntary, Indivualist.Vs.Collectivist, Differences in loneliness + Levine: DIfferences in the importance of love
- Levine: Voluntary.Vs.Involuntary, Indivualist.Vs.Collectivist, Differences in loneliness
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the Simpson et al study find?
- participants in a realtionship rated pictures of opposite sex lower than single ppts to eliminate alternatives
- Computer dance study, ppts chose those who were most similar to them
- participants in a realtionship rated pictures of opposite sex higher than single ppts to eliminate alternatives
- 99 real couples compared to fake couples and those real couples were rated more similarily
3. What did Walster et al find?
- Liking rate of experimentor by ppts. was higher when they were positively reinforced (praised), supporting the reward-need satisfaction hypothesis
- Pictures of real couples were rated more similarily than pictures of randomly paired couples, supporting matching hypothesis
- 752 students, rated by 4 judges on attractiveness and then randomly paired, it was found physical attractiveness was most important factor after ppts were asked to rate dates, challenging matching hypothesis
- Ppts were asked to rate pictures of opposite sex. One group had positive music played and the other had negative music and then this compare with a control (no music)- found that those in positive group rated pictures higher, supporting theory
4. What are the A02 studies for breakdown of romantic relationships?
- Tashiro + Frazier, Akert, Gender specificy, Heterosexual bias
- Akert, Trivers, Walster et al, Murstein, Tashiro + Frazier
- Tashiro+Frazier, Murstein, Akert
- Akert, Trivers, Walster et al
5. What did the Kitzpatrick research show?
- Attachment type is not fixed, you can shift from SA to IA
- Love quiz, IA= fear of closeness, IR= difficulty in finding true love, SA= solid relationships AND divorce rate 12% higher in IA
- Longitudinal study, 78 ppts followed from infancy to adolescence and those rated securely attached had closer relationships
- Children who had suffered abuse, had a disorganised attachment type